Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Series Recap: Sense Thieves by Corrine Jackson

Reading Order: (sort by date)

Touched (Book 1, Published on November 27, 2012)
Pushed (Book 2, Published on November 26, 2013)
Ignited (Book 3, Published on May 27, 2014)

Click on the titles to check out the reviews.

***

Synopsis recap:

Remy O'Malley is different. She can heal people, but only by absorbing their injuries into her own body. Only when she arrives Blackwell Falls does she realize just how unique she is. She's hunted -  both by Healers and Protectors, because she's half of both and she's the best of both worlds. She needs to be exceptionally strong -  both physically and mentally - if she wants to acquire a stable life. This is her story.

***

Thoughts recap:

Contrary to popular opinion, Touched is actually my favorite book in the trilogy. It's very calming and I can be sure that I won't get into major mental breakdown or have my systolic pressure rising too high. It's mostly because of the sweetness of this book, though, the fiery first love between Asher and Remy. It's easy to think about them as the ultimate HEA. The whole introduction of the concept of Healers and Protectors is fascinating. Yes, Pushed and Ignited are also about them, and probably more fascinating because... well, no spoilers. But it's a good introduction and I'm soaked into this trilogy because of this book. It has a special place in my heart. I can't bear to re-read again though, because of Ignited.

Pushed is a little different. It is a thorough demonstration of just how dangerous Remy is, and just how dangerous the world around Remy is. It has an edge of excitement that I really appreciate. It's a turning point of a lot of stuff. I'm actually torn about this book because on one hand things get crazy and I love crazy personally, but on the other the atmosphere of innocence is fading fast and I miss that a lot (which is one of the reasons why Touched is my fav book, by the way). And of course, I'm torn between two Blackwells, which is not a good feeling.

Ignited is a thrilling conclusion. But it also left me emotionally exhausted. I don't take bitchiness well unless it's heavily mixed with reason and wit. And there are a lot of that without those two crucial factors. Which is why I keep cursing reading the first half of it. The second half is awesome though, with all the action and power display. Watching someone kick some ass makes my day. The biggest problem is, I can't watch Touched again after reading Ignited.

It's a nice trilogy though, and I think everyone should give it a try.

Overall rating: 8/10
Do I recommend this series: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment