Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Touched: Review

Synopsis:

Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises. And then one night her stepfather goes too far.

Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses. Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll be coming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.

This is Book One in the Touched trilogy.

***

I know there's a fair chance I will like this book but I didn't realize how much I love it! I regret that I don't read this sooner because Touched has hooked me right in. I just can't stop turning the pages and when I finish it, I can't wait to start reading the second one and I can't stop thinking about this book. I've not been feeling it for quite some time and I'm so glad I'm pulled from my reader-slump state by this book. And that is saying something.

Touched stars Remy, a Healer who can heal with touch - but unlike others she absorbs their wounds and injuries. She's a pretty great character. Smart, funny and surprisingly self-sacrificing. Don't ask me why her self-sacrificing quality is surprising because I just think it is. Pretty tough too, which is what I like most about her. Her determination not to be broken by a sadistic jackass from her past is admirable. There's nothing I don't like about her. Asher is a little different. I'm not sure if I will enjoy reading his part of the story because at the beginning he pisses me off a little. But he has grown on me, and I really like that guy now. I can't wait to see more of him and Remy in the sequel.

As for the plot... well, the first three chapters made me question a little about if I will enjoy reading it because it's pretty uneventful. But after these chapters, my interest spikes, simply because everything gets so much more interesting afterward. Besides the first three chapters, I enjoy every single part of the book. And I feel strongly for what happened to the characters too, which is... well, relatively rare these days considering I was in the state of reader-slump. Trust me, a book that can brings me out of that state equals greatness. 

I'm so excited to read the sequel. Touched is a really good start of a series and I think I might just recommend it to my friends. 

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment