Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tempting The Bodyguard: Review

Synopsis:

A sexy category romance from Entangled’s Brazen imprint...

He can protect her from everyone except himself.

Alana Gore is in danger. A take-no-prisoners publicist, her way with people has made her more than a few enemies over the years, but a creepy stalker is an entirely different matter. She needs a bodyguard, and the only man she can ask is not only ridiculously hot, but reputed to have taste for women that goes beyond adventurous.

Chandler Gamble has one rule: don't protect anyone you want to screw. But with Alana, he's caught between his job and his increasingly hard libido. On one hand, Alana needs his help. On the other, Chandler wants nothing more than to take the hot volcano of a woman in hand. To make her writhe in pleasure, until she's at his complete mercy.

She needs protection. He needs satisfaction. And the moment the line is crossed, all hell will break loose...

***

(Contain spoilers of Tempting The Player)

I was very excited to read this book. I ended up a little disappointed though.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice story. The sexual tension is still high up in the air. And there's great chemistry between Alana and Chandler. I also like Chandler's go-for-it attitude and his lack of hesitation when it comes to getting what he wants. However, there's something a little bit wrong about the story, which I can't put my finger on, and it is frustrating. That kind of gives the book an edge (and not in a really good way).

Although Alana and Chandler is a funny pair, and the chemistry is practically sizzling in the air, as well as tension and attraction, the problems between their relationship aren't as real as I thought it would be. There is no actual fear for relationship problems whatsoever. Which is why I kind of don't get the two of them. What is with all the pushing away from one of the sides (not going to talk about which, because it's spoiler)? 

However, I do have to say that the danger element is the best. Because someone is actually in danger. Like real mortal danger at some point. Which is not present in the previous two Gamble Brothers books. I wish this plot could be developed more deeply (even though I know this is not mainly about danger and suspense) because that would be pretty awesome.

There's a part where I want to read about, and I actually read about it, but I'm not exactly satisfied. It's Chad's reaction when Alana and Chandler's relationship are revealed. I really want to see the priceless WTF?! expression on Chad's face because that will be seriously funny. It's still present, but it's not... well, to put it in a blunt way, the expression is not that WTF?!. It's kinda underwhelming, because I was anticipating for that part.

It's quite a story, but it's not the best out of the three.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment