Friday, May 30, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire: Review

Synopsis:

ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance?

***

I'm not sure if it's a review or not. So no ratings this time, though I rate it 5 out of 5 on Goodreads.

Since there will be a chance I go crazy on this post, for those who want to see something sane, I will talk about the sane... well, saner things first. 

And there will might be spoilers. I will highlight the spoilers white so it will not be completely exposed. This is for those who don't want to be... um, directly spoiled.

Sane stuff first:

1) Okay the ending is not what I'm expecting.

2) *Spoilers* There will be some stuff about The Infernal Devices, and I'm very happy and sad and want to crawl into a corner and cry. (Details please see the, um, the insane part of the review)

3) I love that there are things about Emma Carstairs and the Blackthorns. Especially Emma. She's just badass. She's like an adult and she is twelve. She's also kick-ass in Cortana. And her kind-of-celeb-crush on Jace is just very cute. She's also a rule breaker in an amazing way. I can't wait to see the seventeen-year-old Emma in The Dark Artifices

4) And the Blackthorns! I totally think you will like Julian. I love the twins as well. And Helen. I can't believe I like Mark as well because I can't imagine myself doing that. But yes, I have a feeling the Blackthorns are heart-breakers.

5) Sebastian is really scary in CoHF, by the way.

6) Alec kicks ass in CoHF. I can't begin to describe how awesome this is. Just saying

7) The Alec and Jace being parabatai is awesome thing is in full swing! OMG I can't get enough of them together. Somebody needs to bring them together again because I need to see more parabatai goodness.


Insane stuff (probably contain a lot of spoilers):

1) There's Clace and OH MY GOD THEY FINALLY HAPPEN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT THIS IS JUST HOT AND AWESOME AND I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW FIERY THIS IS I LOVE IT OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO SWEET TOGETHER THIS IS JUST I CAN'T EVEN

2) And then there's Sizzy. Christ, they're so heart-wrenching. I can't believe they're the one that I cry most over. They're so sweet and cute together I can't even say how blissful I am to see them FINALLY! together! *Spoilers* I scream and scream and cry and crawl and hit my pillow repeatedly with my fists when Simon sacrifices his memories to save his friends and he becomes mortal. But then he came around again and everything will be okay again and I can't help thinking about Isabelle and she's just so devoted to Simon this is the best couple since Malec oh my god I need to see more of them I can't get enough I just need to see more of them together again *ugly sobs and laughs*

3) And MALEC *Spoiler* THEY FINALLY GET TOGETHER AGAIN AND THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER THEY ARE FINALLY HAPPY AND OH THE BITTERSWEETNESS BETWEEN THEM THIS IS TOO MUCH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T I NEED TO SEE THEM TOGETHER AGAIN THIS IS THE BEST COUPLE EVER I AM LAUGHING AND SOBBING RIGHT NOW Ahem, sorry for breaking down. 

4) And then there's Jonathan/Sebastian *Spoiler* And he's dead. This is probably not a spoiler at all because we're all expecting it. But this is still heartbreaking. *Spoiler* In fact this is the most heart-breaking out of all deaths. Totally not expecting that. I actually cried over it a lot. Because *Spoiler* WE GET TO SEE THE REAL JONATHAN WITH THE GREEN EYES THE GREEN EYES OF THE FAIRCHILD OF CLARY AND THE GOODNESS IN HIM AND THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH WHY CAN'T HE LIVE AT LEAST JUST FOR ONE DAY HE DOESN'T LIVE A LONG ENOUGH LIFE I WANT TO KNOW THE REAL JONATHAN WHY CAN'T YOU GIVE HIM A CHANCE CASSIE WHY CAN'T YOU WHY WHY WHY WHY

5) And then those TID references. Yes. There are a lot. We get to see Tessa and Jem Zachariah. *Spoiler* And there are some reference about Will, and James Herondale and Lucie Herondale and I finally figure out the full name of Emma Carstairs. This is another reason why my eyes are puffy because of all the crying. I am still having withdrawals with Clockwork Princess and those references makes me think of the TID characters and their glory and bittersweet days and how they make me cry and laugh in the previous days. Those references kill me. There's no way I can get over it. THERE IS JUST NO WAY. Someone help me. I need help from all the heart-break.


Sorry for including all the spoilers and make the insane part practically unreadable for those who don't want spoilers. But I need to get this out of my system or my mind will be beyond repair.

I can't believe I survived City of Heavenly Fire

Now, impatiently waiting for Lady Midnight

Farewell, The Mortal Instruments.

P.S. As much as I love this series, I can't write a series recap because 1) there are simply too much going on and it involves (actually) 4 series and 2) I can't write the recap without going nuts and I think I have enough craziness to last for 6 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment