Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #3: Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's question is top ten books to read during Halloween. It's supposed to be all about creepy stuff. But I'm not too fond of creepy stuff. I'd go with mysterious things.

1. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

This is my dystopian pick. Dystopian stories are normally not that creepy. But when you mix vampires with it, then it's an entirely different story. Besides, I read it in the middle of the night, and it gave me chills! Surely it will be one of my choices.













2. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

My paranormal book of choice. Shadow and Bone has a mysterious streak in it. And guess what? The combination of Russian folk tale and the Shadow Fold is intriguing and dark by default. Although it doesn't give me chills, my heart always beats harder whenever I read this book! 










3. The Falconer by Elizabeth May

Fae? Totally! And anticipation for trouble while reading The Falconer was brimming. Besides, it's Scotland, a land full of bloody folk tales and dark cautionary tales. One can never simply not like reading it on Halloween when The Falconer is about darkness and rage.
4. Light by Michael Grant

Actually I meant to say Gone series in general. But Light is the best of all. Brutal, intense, and exceptionally bloody. Hey, it adds a dystopian and sci-fi streak in Halloween too. Gotta be one of the best series to read in Halloween.











That's all I can think of now. What are your books of choice for Halloween? Sound off in the comments :)

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Shadow and Bone, the story is really interesting. Great list.

    Check out Our TTT

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete