Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Through The Ever Night: Review

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.


***

The awesomeness of the book is beyond description. I love Under The Never Sky. A lot. And the sequel is even more stunning. This book hasn't disappointed me. Not even a tiny bit. The setting-- it's just plain perfect. No major characters are spared from the important role they play in TTEN. Veronica Rossi is truly a great author. Every chapter is excellent. I look forward to Into The Still Blue.

Aria has changed. I love her even more in this book. The reviewers out there are right. You will love the characters more in this book if you love them already in Under The Never Sky. She's not just tougher anymore. She's not nosy. Well, she's not nosy even at first, but I really love her. She has to be my own favorite heronie besides Tris and Lena now.

And Roar... he has officially become my favorite character now. In some ways he's better even than Perry. He's just sweet and friendly. He's the best friend you can ever imagine. I really feel bad for him when he lost Liv once again. Veronica Rossi has set up a great character. 

Perry has changed too. In a good way, of course. Like Aria, he can deal with the issues more reasonably now. And his love for her is remarkable. Even with Kirra's presence, trying to lure him, he still keep his clear mind. Very appreciative. And their reunion is breath-taking (I'm talking about both the reunion at the first part of the book and the last part of the book).

Liv... well, seeing her attitude towards Roar isn't that appealing at first. She's nothing like the girl in Roar and Liv, which makes me kind of angry. But then I totally understand her after hearing her reasons. I feel bad for her. And the thought of she being in trouble is nauseating. I feel bad for the couple.

There is no extra lust in this book. I mean, there's no too-deep kissing in this book. I love deep kisses, but that's not the situation where you can make out whenever you want. Veronica Rossi take the emotional part of the book really well, and I appreciate her for it. Breath-taking, without all the heart-breaking and gut-wrenching. This series staying innocent is always good, considering I love reading all kinds of love in different YA novels.

I wonder if Through the Ever Night will become my top ten YA novels in 2013...


Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment