Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hallowed: Review

Just another day before school, and I've finished reading Hallowed. Check out the summary:



For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.


***
You know what, this book can be called as an awesome one! There are so many plot twists and heartbreaking scene. Man, the author can really drive her readers crazy! When I open this book, I am unable to put this one down. Normally if I was too tired and I will just put down the book and go right to my bed. But now, I can't even go to my bed until I finish this one.

This one sends shocks to my brain. One of the biggest shocks is that Clara and Jeffery's dad is a White Wing. And so that they are Triplares. Like they said, they are freaks even to the angel-blood's world. I was like no way in hell they are Triplares. I mean, I didn't see any different in Clara from other Quartarius. This one really surprises me. Good job, Cynthia Hand. You really hide that side of Clara really well. I've never expected anything like that.

Another one is that Jeffery's hatred to his sister is that deep. I always thought that he is angry with his sister because he has to leave California and his friends simply because of Clara's purpose. But when Jeffery says that he hates her sister because she messes up everything, I am shocked. Like, actually flabbergasted. Because that doesn't make any sense. You can say I don't understand a thing about angel-blood's purposes. And I gladly admit it. But it's just not making any sense when he says that she messes up his purpose. I know he hates his life, and he has nightmares/ bad visions of him burning down the forest. But instincts tell me that his anger is way deeper despite the fact that he is easily motivated by sorrow and anger.

Breaking up with Tucker is the worst thing Clara has ever done. I know part of the fault is Tucker's, because he is so jealous at Christian. I completely understand his feelings. No boy wants another boy in his girlfriend's house. And he is not cool about Christian kissing Clara. I know. But if he is not acting like a so-jealous boyfriend, maybe things won't be that bad. I also understand that Clara has her issues and she can't resist the destiny of her being with Christian. But if she truly loves Tucker, she should cut all the ties with Christian. Not leaving such a mess to deal with. I hope that they will get back together in Boundless because Tucker is so sweet.

Normally I will like a hot boy from a series. But unlike The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, I can't like Christian as much as I do to Tucker. Cuz Tucker is so much better for Clara than Christian. It's destiny that pulls the two of them together, not their intentions. And even though they are rare beings, they are Triplares, then what? It doesn't mean Clara has to be with him simply because they are the same kind of people. I have to say Christian is so special because I don't like him even though he is totally hot according from the book. 

To conclude it, the book is a perfection and it's even better than Unearthly because the twists are so amazing that you can never put the book down until you find out what is going on actually. There is no obvious clues that you can't guess what will happen next for sure. And the ending is so good that it's like the end of the series, not just the book. And I guess that Cynthia Hand does a hard job in the epilogue. Now she can make sure that no one can guess what will happen in Boundless until the summary is revealed.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment