Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Queen: Review

Synopsis:

Before America Singer's story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince….

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series. This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon's parents met—and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.

***

This is a weird book. I mean, it's fun reading about Maxon's mother. It's just strange to read about Clarkson, who is my least favorite character (of course) in the trilogy. In fact, he's so hated that I don't understand Amberly's devotion to him. Amberly is obviously a nice girl. But really, she's too passive and obedient. I'm not used to reading about a relatively weak girl who relies on her husband to live. Clarkson... well, at least we will know why he's such a jerk in the trilogy. But I really don't expect him to be... kind. He's bossy though, even in his teenage years. It's hard to judge him fairly when I've been so accustomed to the horrible behavior of that son of a bitch. It's an experience though, and people say always go for new experiences.

Besides the fact that I'm weirded out, I actually feel nothing when I read the book. Definitely no swooning, because that will be kind of disgusting. It's not a bad novella though.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment