Monday, March 17, 2014

The Forever Song: Review

Synopsis:

VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

***

"I don't expect you to understand, little bird. I expect you only to sing. Sing for me, sing for Kanin, and make it a glorious song."

You don't know anything about craziness if you haven't read The Forever Song.

I will try not to include any spoilers here (even though it's hard to do so) and I will try to be as reasonable as I can be in this review it's hard to do so, so I will not try to be reasonable because personally I want to get crazy in this review.

This book... I don't know what word can cover it. Overwhelming doesn't cover it. Insane doesn't cover it. Brutal doesn't cover it. Hell breaks loose doesn't cover it. Hell, even a combination of these words doesn't even cover it. This book had me from the very start of the book (probably because of the ending of The Eternity Cure, but that doesn't really matter). When the first psychotic words from Sarren appeared, I lost it. And then for the next... I don't know, four hours or so?, emotions -- about a hundred million emotions come in huge waves, crashing me continuously for four freaking hours. I don't know how I manage to get out from this without dying a million times. I don't know how I manage not to fall over from exhausting after reading this book. I just... it's just mind crashing. I mean mind freaking CRASHING. You think you know craziness when you read The Hunger Games? You think you know insanity when you read Gone series (which, I still think it's pretty insane, but...)? Well, you don't know anything until you read The Forever Song.

And... I just need to express my emotions with GIFs. Because words can't even express what I feel anymore (but I won't give out any spoilers in the process, trust me).

So basically, before I read it, I was like,
And then when something really creepy and psychotic first appears,

But then something more disturbing makes its appearance in a certain character that I really love,
And then there's a twist, (and yeah, I'm super happy about it)
But wait...
And then for about ten or so chapters, I was basically like this,
and this,
and this,
But yeah, things gradually gets better. And then the ending is
.
.
.
Nah, I'm not gonna show you that gif, because that will totally reveal everything, and that will be no fun.

And throughout the book I was always like this,
God my lungs can't take anymore excitement I think it's going to burst.

Basically I'm talking about my feels while reading this book. But I'm also showing you why this is one of the best books and worst books I've ever read. One of the best, because it's been ages since something tip my emotions off balance for longer than a day. And trust me, I'm sure this book will continue to have my emotions in an unstable situation for at least three or four more days. I'm sure I will also have withdrawals with this book. So, yeah, I'm pretty impressed by it. And why one of the worst? Well, 1) I read it after having dinner and there are times where I feel like my stomach can't take it anymore and have to throw up because everything is just so freaking intense! How am I supposed to keep any food down with this book sticking into my head? 2) I can't concentrate at school and I just suck at everything I did suddenly. Because I can't keep this book out of mind for enough time to give me the sanity I need. 

Since I can't seem to keep my mouth shut, I'm just going to share a tiny spoiler again. We will see a certain character again that is probably expected and unexpected at the same time. But it's going to be painful. And it's going to be painful for quite a long time. Spoiler!

You wanna know how exactly insane this book is? Just go read it. Like read the whole freaking series. It just gets more and more intense and better. 

Rating: 10/10 (Seriously can I give this book a hundred million stars PLEASE?)

P.S. This is probably one of the hardest reviews I've ever written so far because I just don't know how to arrange my messed-up emotions in a more reasonable order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment