Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Guard: Review

Synopsis:

Before America Singer met Prince Maxon . . .
Before she entered the Selection . . .
She was in love with a boy named Aspen Leger.

Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection trilogy. This brand new 64-page story begins just after the group of Selected girls is narrowed down to the Elite and is told from Aspen's point of view. The Guard also features a teaser to The One, the thrilling conclusion to The Selection trilogy.

***

I actually have no idea what to think of Aspen. I mean, it's obvious that he loves America. Because it's pretty clear that he puts her above all things, and he wants to keep her happy and safe. But I also don't like the fact that his jealousy is deep. Because in more ways than one, he doesn't have a right to be, not when he is the one who pushes America away. And then he acts like a jealous boyfriend? Yeah, It's safe to say I'm a little pissed. 

I think it's not necessary to read The Guard, because it's more like a Aspen's-point-of-view-in-scenes-in-The-Elite. But despite my uncertainty towards Aspen, it's still a fun read. Do I suddenly ship him or what? Most definitely not. But make no mistake, I still don't ship Maxon/America. I don't think he's good enough to deserve her, either.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment