Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stolen: Review

Synopsis:

Before Gray Weathersby uncovered the truth about Claysoot and the Laicos Project, a girl named Bree came of age in the coastal settlement of Saltwater—and made her own surprising journey to the world beyond its borders. In Stolen, discover the story of Bree’s life before she was Snatched from her home, before she joined the rebellion, and before she met a boy named Gray…

***

It's probably one of those books where I read it and I feel nothing about it. I was originally pretty interested in Bree's story, because in Taken she's pretty tough and she seems like she's gone over some hard stuff. But... Stolen kind of crashes my hope for a nice story. There's just nothing unimaginable about Bree's story. Sure, there's a guy she hurts over for, because of the same stuff that Gray and the others has to go over, but it's just... it's just nothing dynamic or like that. While I kind of feel bad for Bree, I feel nothing otherwise. I guess the novella doesn't do it for me.

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment