Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Into The Still Blue (ARC): Review

Synopsis:

The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

***

Okay, so the synopsis tell us that Into The Still Blue will be earth-shattering. You know what? Earth-shattering is an understatement. This book can move heaven and hell. I cannot even think to stop my toes-curling, lip-biting actions. Yep, this book just has that kind of power over me.

I will try not to include any spoilers here because this book has not been officially released yet and I will totally be cut by a bunch of fans if I reveal any spoilers. Also, it's the last book of the trilogy, after all. I will try my best not to spoil people out there.

Plot first. It's perfect. There's an unbreakable bond linking all the events together. And did I mention every single one of the is heart-stopping in their own way? Either they are brutal or sensual, they are some of the best scenes ever. And yes, I mentioned brutal. It might not be exactly the same brutal you are imagining, but the waves of plot twists and emotions you will get from Into The Still Blue... it crashes over you and you will experience feelings like you've never before.

Characters are really well-developed too. Each of them has a significance of their own. Whether they are likable or unlikable, they're definitely not it-won't-make-much-of-a-difference-if-he-or-she-fades-away-into-the-background characters. Veronica Rossi digs deep into their hearts this time. Their deepest fears, deepest despair, deepest friendship, deepest love... they lay bare before our eyes this time. And it's overwhelming and endearing at the same time. A true wonder in a book as epic as Into The Still Blue.

Writing style is great too. If I were to be a nitpicker, I could totally say a few things. But since they're insignificant, I'm not going to judge anything. But there are a lot of things to like. I will try my best to explain. I hope you won't laugh at my following words. Let's see... Veronica Rossi's words are like sharp darts, hitting the center of great plots and emotions. She can present her story really well. Not only it's very easy to understand the story, we can live with the characters. It's an achievement not many can do magnificently.

I can go on with this review forever. But studying's a bitch. I have to dwell back into my textbooks now. I wish I can talk about the romance shared between Perry and Aria here. But I don't have the time. More importantly, this is something you should feel yourself and I don't want my opinion (even my spoiler-free ones) taint your judgement in any way.

Rating: 9.5/10

P.S. I'm doing a series recap thing starting from 2014. And since it's December already... I will do one for Under The Never Sky trilogy next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment