Monday, May 6, 2013

Sweet Peril: Review

Synopsis:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


***

I want more! That's not nearly enough! Oh my god I love this book so much! When I finished reading Sweet Evil, I'm still hesitating whether or not to read Sweet Peril because I'm a little bit annoyed by Sweet Evil even though it's quite a good read. And I'm not sure I even LIKE Kaidan. No doubt I love him right now because he's plain awesome. 

The plot:

I love the plot, despite my tad-bit disappointment with the lack of some kick-ass excitement. It's peaceful comparing to Sweet Evil, yet I love it. I'm not one of those readers who are in anything without some action scenes. But this time I will definitely make an exception for it. It's short (the good kind, of course) and sweet, surprisingly fast paced, and really smooth. The book is so neat and in order, not messed up like some other books I've read recently. It's official: I'm in love with Sweet Peril.

The character:

First is our sweet Anna. When I first read the synopsis, I was a little afraid that I would be annoyed by our innocent good-ol Anna because... party girl Anna? Not what I expected in a million years. Even though she's a party girl on the surface, underneath the glamour she's still the good, caring and psychic sweet girl we first met in Sweet Evil. I love how strong she holds even with all the alluring substances surrounding her like poison.

And Kaidan. Aww, Kaidan. Now I know what's going on behind his annoying and frustrating shell of inhumane. Damn if I didn't ache for him. And finally more steamy chemical reactions (what?)! I was kinda worried that he will never show up properly in Sweet Peril and I'm so glad I was wrong! Be forewarned, because his drastic personality and attitude change (especially in the second half of the book!) will have you swoon all over the place :D

The supporting characters are very lively and strong, unlike Sweet Evil. Take, what, Ginger for example. We also get to see some change in her in Sweet Peril. And man, I actually like her. The bitchiness and the goodness in her heart is so strong. I don't like her in Sweet Evil. But this time... it's like the case of Sabine from Soul Screamers again :)

The romance:

Steamy. I love hot steamy burning scene. More Kaidan and Anna! I think I'm officialy shipping them now. I kept grinning like an idiot whenever I watch them having intimate and intense moments. Because, well, finally Kaidan isn't pushing Anna away and I'm so glad they can be together... well not whenever they want, but CLOSE. But even with all the constant ignition of need and want, there's one thing that can still get through the fog of swooning. The... love triangle. *Facepalm* Yeah, you know what I mean. Truthfully, I was not nearly as annoyed with the love triangle as I did with other books like... The Selection, I guess. But it's not very appealing either. I get that Kaidan is very overprotective when it comes to Anna, but jeez, give Kope a break.


So, where's Sweet Reckoning? I want it now!

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment