Thursday, February 14, 2013

Movie Review: Warm Bodies

Synopsis:

After a zombie epidemic, R (a highly unusual zombie) encounters Julie (a human survivor), and rescues her from a zombie attack. Julie sees that R is different from the other zombies, and as the two form a special relationship in their struggle for survival, R becomes increasingly more human - setting off an exciting, romantic, and often comical chain of events that begins to transform the other zombies and maybe even the whole lifeless world.

***

Aww, I love this movie SO MUCH! So let's prepare for some swooning and fangirling.

This is probably the first movie I crave for (yep, CRAVE FOR) in 2013. Damn, the trailer totally got my attention here. I love how Summit Entertainment present the movie. Especially with the soundtracks (October and Lonely Boy). It's hard not to fall for this movie (and trailer).

The story is kind of based on... Romeo and Juliet. Only with the apocalypse (dystopia!) and sort of... changed. And yep, R is a zombie (Maybe his name before he died was Romeo?). And you know what? I loathe the ORIGINAL Romeo and Juliet, but I totally love this! R and Julie is just so cute! It's a horror/comedy/romance. And you will definitely love this combination even if you haven't read the book by Isaac Marion yet (I didn't, either).

If you watched this movie before, you will definitely know what it feels like to giggle inside. The actors/actresses playing the role of zombies are amazing! This is kind of hilarious to see them act like the undead. The way they talk, act, GRUNT, GROAN... aww, they totally need to have an undead Oscar (okay, joking here).

R is played by Nicholas Hoult. He's awesome! I have no idea how he can look so hot when he's one of the undead. And he totally has the deep voice and the kind-of pale skin to act like a zombie. This cast is perfect. And I'm so going to watch more of his movies (like Jack The Giant Slayer, I think? Or Days of Future Past, which is rumored to be release in 2014)

The movie is about zombies. And like those human survivors, we might actually think that they are incapable of remorse, merciless, cruel, and well, all the characteristics that zombies have. But no, if that's what you're expecting to see, than you are totally wrong. This movie is nothing like other zombie movies. With boring zombies constantly eating people. You will definitely be stunned by all those feelings that a ZOMBIE has. You have no idea how cute that is the way they start "curing" themselves. Damn, you will definitely fall in love with those guys. I bet you.

Yep. It's a comedy and romance. But don't even think that is not horrifying at times just because it's based on a romance novel. The "Bonies" is kinda like your personal day-nightmare. I have no idea how then can be so tall and dark and hollow and... skinny (okay, they don't even have skin or flesh. But whatever). Although I have to admit that the last part about the Bonies is freaking hilarious with their jerky movements. And... the not-so-good part is that the Bonies are not as real as I thought.

You might also think that zombie loving a person is laughable. But you know what? That's the core of the movie. Love can change everything. It makes your heart pound faster. And I think this is a good way to show it. I mean, zombies can't love, logically. They can't even think and they don't have a heartbeat. But love changes that. That's why the romance between R and Julie is so amazing and, yeah, cute and definitely hilarious.

I don't have a boyfriend (I'm not even fifteen... did I just say how old I actually am?!), but this is definitely the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. This is perfect. And I heard that there will be a sequel (I mean the book) of Warm Bodies. So excited! Will it be turned into a movie too? I can't wait to see more Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer (who, by the way, is much better than Kristen Stewart in more ways than one).

Rating: 7/10 (I think in IMDb, the rating 7 is considered as very high in movie standards :D)

Official Trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment