Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tempting The Best Man: Review

It's the start of a new year, and I start a new series. Tempting The Best Man, the first book of Gamble Brothers series by J. Lynn. The first book I read in 2013.

Summary:

Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…


***
This is  a short book so my review won't be long.
 
This is a really short book, but a really fun one. You know what? I can't stop the grin from my face throughout the process of reading the book! Chase and Madison are so cute together. It's entertaining to see them bickering. Their relationship is very different from Daemon and Kat and Alex and Aiden. But it's just hot. Maybe not as hot as Lux and Covenant considering this is a very realistic novel. But damn if it isn't hot.

It's kind of like Fifty Shades, you know. Don't get me wrong. Tempting The Best Man is way better than Fifty Shades (and I HATE Fifty Shades). With an innocent girl and a a-little-bit-fucked-up HOT boy. Perfect scenario for an urban romance. Heavy sex is not the main point of the book, which is relieving because I can't stand it after reading Fifty Shades (You know what? Fifty Shades ruined my life). But this kind of sex... it's quite good, not too far away, I guess.

J. Lynn's writing skills is awesome. Her words is just as good as the ones in Lux and Covenant (yeah, they are the same author, in case that you don't know). I mean, all the jokes and make-you-bust-out-laughter words is amazing. You have no idea how much I love her books. Writing so many books at a time and her books still have a very high quality? She's definitely the most skilled writing ninja.

Rating: 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment