Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Clockwork Princess Snippet




First Clockwork Princess snippet in days!

“Why?” Gabriel asked. “Why are you so sure that Charlotte’s side is the right one?”
“Because our father’s is not,” said Gideon. “Because I know Charlotte. Because I have lived among these people for months and they are good people. Because Charlotte Branwell has been nothing but kind to me. And Sophie loves her.”
“And you love Sophie.”
Gideon’s mouth tensed.
“She’s a mundane and a servant,” said Gabriel. “I don’t know what you expect to come of it, Gideon.”
“Nothing,” Gideon said roughly. “I expect nothing. But the fact that you believe I should shows that our father brought us up to believe that we should do right only if some reward was the result. I will not betray the word I have given Charlotte; that is the situation, Gabriel. If you do not want a part of it, I can send you to live with the Blackthorns. But I will not lie to Charlotte.”
“Yes, you will,” said Gabriel. “We are both going to lie to Charlotte. And I will tell you why.”

Lie about what? Jeez, I'm starting to like Gideon (and Gabriel!) and Gabriel nearly (totally) ruins that part for me. I swear if that's something very important, I will not forgive Gideon (even if his descendent is named Alexander Gideon Lightwood)

I hope Gabriel (or Gideon) knows better than lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment