Friday, December 21, 2012

Top Ten YA Novels 2012: Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

2013 is approaching! After a whole year of palms twitching, toes curling, eyes bursting, teeth wrenching, it's time to announce my top ten YA novels in 2012!

Reminder: And since that I need to revise for my examinations which will be held in January, I will keep it short. My apologies.


No. 10: Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi





Summary:

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.


***

Why I like this book:

1. Warner is so different from the one in Shatter Me, which is interesting

2. Again, it's interesting to read stuff happening from Warner's point of view

3. The emotions are intense

4.  I can get a sense that Warner might join the rebellion group with Juliette


Why everyone should read this book:

1. The writing skills are epic

2. Out of all short stories I read in 2012, this is definitely the best

3. Shatter me is a worth-reading book, thus the half-sequel


Do you think Destroy Me is good? Do you think it should be one of the top ten YA novels in 2012? If not, you can suggest one!

See my full review here: http://smoking-hot-books.blogspot.hk/2012/10/destroy-me-review.html

1 comment:

  1. DESTROY ME! OH YES! SHATTER ME was my FAVE FAVE of the year!
    I just got Unravel Me a few days ago and I am still hugging it..lolz I slept with it under my pillow!
    I cant find a follow widget for you :(

    ReplyDelete