Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Inescapable: Review

Finally I've finished reading it!

Summary:

My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.

I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.

What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.


***

Do you know what it's like reading Inescapable? It's like reading a different version of Fallen.

Well, not that I don't like Fallen, but the resemblance is startling. Well, let's see. Evie being a high-ranked angel. It's like Luce (Well, Luce is the third archangel.). And then there's Reed, so freaking protective and passionate like Daniel. And then there's Alfred (or Freddie, whatever), being nice all the time but revealing his true self (like Cam). And then there is Buns and Brownie, protecting Evie like Gabbe and Arriane. There are all kinds of rankings and annoying stuff like that. Maybe the difference between Fallen and Inescapable is Russell.

I think Evie and Reed is the only part that I love the story. Well, let's see. There's no real pretending between them. Which is fine with me. I'm starting to get all kinds of tired of a guy pretending that he doesn't love a girl (Well, obviously not in the case of Jace and Will and Aiden, but still). And their relationship is just as steamy hot without all kinds of kissing, which is awesome. Amy has great writing skills.

But there's a thing that Amy didn't answer: What is with the whole Evie's-soul-is-evil thing? I mean, if her soul's evil, she will definitely not heal Russell even if he's her soul mate, right? And she has a good heart. Is Alfred lying or not?

This is probably the shortest I've ever written because there are not much about it. 

Now it leaves one very important question: Will I read Intuition?

Well, the thing is I still have tons of books untouched. I wanna read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I wanna read Sweet Evil. I wanna read Fire Spirits. And I wanna read Mythos Academy. There's a long to-read list. And I still have to prepare for all kinds of examinations. And you know what? Inescapable isn't as addicting as I once thought. I think I will have to struggle with that.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment