Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Finale: Review And Comparison

I can't believe I've read the very last book of the bestselling Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick!

Summary:

Fates unfurl in the gripping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Hush, Hush saga.

Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn—but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?


***

I can't believe the series is over! And it's awesome. There are doubts, plot twists, heart-breaks, heart-attacks, etc.  This is the best book in the series. It's beautifully written. It can damn your heart into depths, and it can raise your emotions into glory. I absolutely love the book.

There are so many excellent parts that I am gonna take all the time I have to finish it. First is the mess Nora and Patch's in. The chaos first started in the end of Crescendo. The thread is so nice that it can never be broken into two. The choice between freeing the Nephilim and go against them, the fated decision that Nora has to choose between Patch and the Nephil, and the consequence of her choice is so perfect that I actually ached for Nora. I can't imagine what I will be like if I am in this mess.

Second is Nora's mind-trick to Patch. When I was reading this part I was like WHAT! You can't mind-trick him. Just drink that freaking antidote and get rid of the annoying devilcraft! For that one moment, I thought I was going to strangle her or just force her mouth open and pour the antidote into it if I was in the book. I can't even imagine how Patch would be like if Nora goes dark. Luckily she drank that antidote (literally) in front of Patch or I will decide that I hate her.

Third is the heartbreak that Patch is chained into hell because of Dante. Not that I like the feeling that my heart was ripped out. But after I finished the whole book. I actually appreciate Becca's skills of making us cry hard (Yeah, you read it right. I actually cried with tears when I knew that Patch was chained into hell). It makes the book attractive. And I really wanted to see that if Patch came back to Earth. I couldn't even put the book down once I picked it up. This book is addicting.

Of course the best part is the return of Patch. When Nora saw Patch in the battlefield (sort of), and they were finally reunited, I was grinning like an idiot that the grin can break my face into half. I've never feel so happy for them until then. And the epilogue... well, the epilogue is of course, perfect as hell/heaven. I can't hide my stupid grin on my face and my family was like what are you smiling at? I love the ending. I do.

I can't believe the series is over. I will miss Nora, Patch, Vee and Scott like hell. I hope they are happy with the ending Becca gave them. They will always live in my heart. Always. I will never forget them.

This book is perfect. If you are a big fan of the Hush Hush series, you will regret that you didn't buy the book immediately once the book was out.

Rating: 9.5/10

Comparison:

Hush, Hush is the start of the series. It's the encounter of two main characters, Nora and Patch. The book is good, but honestly I can't remember much about it. What I can remember is that Nora falls for Patch, and he her. The Nephilim mess. Chauncey kidnapped Nora. Nora is one of the Nephil female descendent. Nothing else. But the book is good. Better than Fallen.

Crescendo is the fall of Nora and Patch's relationship, and the beginning of the mess Nora would soon be in. In some ways Crescendo is better than Hush, Hush. The truth about Harrison Grey's death, the realization that Hank is Nora's biological father, and the Black Hand. I loathe Nora's jealousy. I just can't understand why it has to be that deep. But Cresendo is a good book. Not my favorite book. But still, great.

Silence is even better than the previous two books. Nora's memories are stripped. She can't remember what Hand did to her. She can't even remember Patch and Rixon and archangels and Nephilim stuff. Patch's heartbreak is obvious. The emotions runs deeper than before. The threads are also higher than ever. In the end of the book Nora had to face the choice between Nephilim and Patch. It's not a easy one, and that makes it a perfect cliffhanger. Silence is one of the better books.

And now, the last book of the series has been out. This is the best of all, as I've said. Even though I love Silence, I've always had a hard time trying to remember the fine details in the previous three books. But I've meet no obstacles in remembering Finale. There's an happy ending for my favorite characters. And I am satisfied. This is one of the BEST books. I love it.

I hope that the series doesn't end that soon. But everything has an end. Even the good things. But the difference is that how will you put an end to things. Either giving things a tragic ending or a good ending. And I love the Happy Ever After ending in Finale. Maybe it's because I know I will get no happy ending in Clockwork Princess (Sigh).

Rating of the series: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment