Saturday, October 27, 2012

Beautiful Redemption: Review

The last review of the books released on October 23, 2012. This time features Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Summary:

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin.

But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.

Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena - and Gatlin - as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones' lives.

Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?


***

Well, it's... more peaceful than I thought it would be. I guess there is a good side and a bad side. The bad side is that it is not as interesting as I thought it was. I kind of want some more battle. Especially 1) Battle between Lena (and her friends) and Abraham, 2) Battle between Ethan and Angelus and 3) Battle between Ethan Lawson Wate ande Ethan Carter Wate. Don't get me wrong guys, I like the excitement in the battles. But maybe I want more. 

The good side about it is that I didn't suffer much heartbreak throughout the book. After Clockwork Prince, I can't stop wondering if I will suffer real bad in the other books. But this one is... "relatively" peaceful. I can think straight in this book, which I can't in Cassie's books.

It's good to read Lena's perspective because it's always Ethan's point of view in the previous three books. Not that a boy's perspective isn't good (in fact it's rare). But reading Lena's PoV is a fresh thing in this series. I guess that is needed in this book because we need to know how Lena get her hands on The Book of Moons.

For moments I wondered that if that Xavier guy's real name is Ethan Carter Wate. He isn't of course. But I can't help but wondering under these... circumstances. 1) He said that Angelus destroy a Light Caster which he loved. Do you remember thatn Genevieve was a Light Caster once? At that time I thought that it might be Angelus who added this page in The Caster Chronicles and destroy both of their lives.  2) He wanted to get his hands on The Book of Moons. This is the book that destroyed Genevieve and Ethan's lives. I guess even the real Ethan Carter Wate would like to stop The Book of Moons from hurting innocent people more. 3) He was trapped in the Far Keep. Both Ethan Carter Wate and Xavier were trapped in the Far Keep (Yeah, the reason is that simple). Even though he wasn't Ethan Carter Wate, I still... kinda like him

Ethan and Lena were together at last. I feel really happy for them. But for once I really wanna know the truth behind the mysteries in the book. First is Ethan Carter Wate's death. Was that not meant to happen? Was Ethan Carter Wate's death just because Angelus added a page in it? I am really interested in this. Was Genevieve not meant to be a Dark Caster? Is there even a truth?

Second is The Book of Stars. The Book of Stars is the Light half of The Book of Moons. And Genevieve had said that The Book of Moons was not meant to be in Mortal world. So how did The Book of Moons get into the Mortal world while The Book of Stars stayed in the Otherworld? Where did the two books come from? What's The Book of Stars about? And how did it end up in Xavier's hands? Another thing that interests me.

I don't know why I don't talk about Ethan and Lena's relationship much. Maybe because somehow I always know they will reunite just from the name of this book. Maybe because of the summary. I don't know. But the story ends. And I will... well, not quite miss is VERY MUCH. But still, miss it. I look forward to the movie. Hope that they will display the story well enough. I don't want it screwed up even though this is not my favorite series.

Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment