Friday, June 8, 2012

City of Heavenly Fire: Theories and Stuff

Every TMI fan are very excited about what will happen in the final book of The Mortal Instruments: City of Heavenly Fire. Here is a early summary about CoHF from goodreads. Take a look. =]

In Book 6: City of Heavenly Fire, Jace, Clary and their friends are drawn inexorably into a war that pits Heaven against Hell, angels against demons—a war that threatens to destroy our world entirely if the Shadowhunters can't end it first.
So every fan is guessing what will probably happen in CoHF. According to a spoiler from Ms. Clare, not everyone will survive in CoHF and she will "kill" one of the main characters, and everyone is thinking "who will die in CoHF?". They are making tons of theories. Here are my theories and what will probably happen when they actually die.

What is the definition of "main characters"?
As many fans know that the importance to TMI series of Alec, Isabelle and Magnus is growing, so in some ways we can call them main characters now, along with Clary, Jace and Simon.

Theories:

Clary: Oh no I don't think she is gonna die, not just the fact that she is the main character, but what will that do to Jace. If she died in the battle, Jace would like, "What?!" and ..................(I bet TMI fans probably know what will happen next) so she is not likely to die because if Cassandra Clare actually does that thing, many fans will go crazy because of Jace's loss. (P.S. Although I love Clary, I think many fans care about Jace more than Clary)

Jace: I don't think he is gonna die either, because many fans will scream and kick the table and bang their heads on the wall. I think I can hear they scream, "What the hell has happened?! He can't die!..." Blah Blah Blah...... I think not just the fans can't stand this, but also the author herself.

Simon: Okay, I have a very strange feeling that he might die in CoHF. I like him too and I can't stand the fact that he might die, but I have this feeling since Cassie post the spoiler that she might "kill" a main character. But just thinking what will it do to Iz makes me crazy.

Alec: After the freaking break-up scene with Magnus, I think that he is gonna do something really hero-like and (somehow) crazy. Maybe he will sacrifice himself in that battle. But since that Magnus is immortal and he can't really die, I think the fans that support Malec will probably cry

Isabelle: I have a feeling that she won't die in CoHF, but like I mentioned above, she may have to watch Simon(or even Alec) die, and this may break her forever.

Magnus: There are two theories that Magnus may die or may NOT die. If he is gonna die, than Alec will probably go crazy, and many fans will be like,"How can you leave Alec alone?". But if he is not gonna die (but Alec...), he may have to watch Alec die in that battle, and maybe fans will be crazier, due to the immortality of Magnus.(Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable-- Brother Zachariah, City of Lost Souls)

Other Theories

About the immortal characters from TID:
Many fans are hoping that Tessa will appear in CoLS and/or CoHF. And so do I. That will be fun. But as there is no sign for her appearance in CoLS, many fans are moving on to CoHF. Maybe Tessa will do something to help Magnus/Jace (since he is a Herondale biologically). But somehow I don't think it is gonna happen because Ms. Clare have already said that there are little connections between TID and TMI and TDA characters

What will probably happen in CoHF... for CERTAIN
Sebastian(Jonathan) is gonna die for sure. If he lives, than there will be no TDA events in the City of Angels. If he is not gonna die, I will force Cassie to rewrite the book. (unless he will be no longer a threat to the Clave)

The releasing date:
Cassie, would you please publish the book earlier? When I saw that freaking releasing date, I was like," Are you f---ing kidding me? You must NOT be serious". I thought it will be released in 2013, and now you are telling me that the releasing date is in 2014!!!??? What the hell is wrong with S&S?  Everyone will forget about TMI if you release the dang book that late. I want it to be released earlier!

1 comment:

  1. As I love all the characters I am thinking of the best case scenario; in which Isabelle would be the one to die. Isabelle is my second favourite character, right under Simon, and I feel that it would be cool if she were to be turned into a vampire, which would mean techincally she would die but not really, and it would also mean she and Simon could be together forever! Perhaps she would be turned during a time when Simon is hungry for blood and Isabelle offers her own again (like in CoLS) but he'll take too much and kill her, but then succeeds in turning her into a vampire. I think that if a character had to die, that would be the best way for me. However I have a funny feeling that Simon will die, and he is my FAVOURITE character, and I would probably cry if he did.

    When it comes to Jace or Clary dying, I don't think I would care nearly as much as I would if Simon or Isabelle did. I know that fans of the books seem to love that couple and Alec and Magnus too, but for me I've always loved Simon and Isabelle. As long as THEY don't die, I don't think that I'll have to burn my copy of CoHF.

    Also, am I the only one who, for like three books, thought that Magnus looked like a plump middle-aged man? Maybe that's why I can't seem to connect wth Alec and Magnus' releationship well because I always thought that Alec was way too young. Those are just my thoughts though, and I have my fingers crossed that the vampire-thing happens, I am totally psyched for City of Heavenly Fire!

    ReplyDelete