Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Unmade: Review

Synopsis:

Who will be the sacrifice?

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami will use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility—and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most.

This final book in the Lynburn Legacy is a wild, entertaining ride from beginning to shocking end.

***
Unmade is a good enough ending that I think can satisfy those who love the series. I'm not one of them, but I'd give it that credit. It's definitely not as entertaining as I hope it would be, but there are quite some heart-breaking moments and heroic stuff there. The heroic stuff usually ties with the heartbreaking moments which is too spoilery to be revealed here.

One big problem I have with this book is Jared. I know he's kind of broken. I know he's quick to anger. But I'm really tired of his shit. Like, can you stop and think rationally for a second and stop putting your emotions in front of everything else? I can't stand his whining and bitching out anymore. It's really annoying and pointless. I can't understand why Kami is so devoted to him. This is too ridiculous and a really big obstacle to my reading.

Other than the whole thing with Jared, I think everything's okay. There are tons of books where the main girl is the savior of the world and stuff. Kami is a savior, of course. But I love that even when this is the end of the trilogy Kami is still not put in a pedestal higher than everything and everyone else. She has friends to fight with her and she makes choices with her friends. Her companions are just as important as Kami and I'm so glad that I get to see such partnership like this.

I'm not sure I'm glad that I read this series, but it's entertaining enough.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment