Friday, August 8, 2014

Opposition: Review

Synopsis:

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

***

One year of palm-twitching and toes-curling, and I'm scared of reading it. 

With all the excerpts of pain and fury, the first thing I'm going to talk about is the sanity state of our beloved Luxen (aka Daemon, Dawson and Dee). It's possible to hate them. It's also possible to hate them forever, I'd give you that. Sounds really crazy, but I think everyone who read this book hate them more or less for at least some of the time. It's up to you guys to stop hating them or otherwise, but I'm so glad that they all try to redeem themselves from the hands of the bad Luxen in the end. I'm not sure I can hold a grudge on the three of them without exhausting myself. I have done it with another series and I loved that series a lot. It's hard not to re-read those books but it's also hard to re-read those books and be reminded how the series has ended and the loss those characters have suffered, even if you love the ending.

I have a strange protectiveness towards Kat in Opposition. I always admire her character and she's one of my favorite heroines ever. But I don't love her to the point where I want to hurt someone who has hurt her, even unintentionally *cough Daemon *cough *cough. But then, she fares so well in a pre-apocalyptic world. She kind of even enjoys it. It's very bookish and cute. I bet everyone is secretly hoping for a zombie apocalypse or apocalypse of some kind, especially book nerds like us. It's very understandable and relatable. Make sense why Kat is loved by so many of us.

Opposition is even more fast-paced than Origin, which is unimaginable. A shitload of stuff happened in Origin, and my heart barely survived that. I'm not sure how I survived Opposition aside from screaming and trying not to tear my hair out of my head. A lot has happened in Opposition, and that is the worse understatement ever. Mind. Completely. Blown. I was this close from a mental breakdown. The ending is perfect, despite every new challenges that emerges throughout the book. Happily Ever Afters are perfect when they are earned. 

It's just amazing. A masterpiece of perfection. I don't understand why people hesitate to dive for Obsidian. The level of awesomeness of the series should be illegal.

Rating: 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment