Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Young World (Incomplete): Review

Synopsis:

After a mysterious Sickness wipes out the rest of the population, the young survivors assemble into tightly run tribes. Jefferson, the reluctant leader of the Washington Square tribe, and Donna, the girl he's secretly in love with, have carved out a precarious existence among the chaos. But when another tribe member discovers a clue that may hold the cure to the Sickness, five teens set out on a life-altering road trip to save humankind.

The tribe exchanges gunfire with enemy gangs, escapes cults and militias, braves the wilds of the subway and Central Park...and discovers truths they could never have imagined.

***

I hate not to complete a book. But after a week of reading, I'm done. I haven't even read half of it.

Beware this review is gonna be harsh (and only base on the parts that I read and can BARELY remember)

So the only things I know about this book is:

1) The Sickness wipes out all adults and children and only teens remain
2) Jefferson is secretly in love with Donna and I DON'T FEEL A VIBE OF HIS SECRET CRUSH ON HER
3)Donna doesn't believe in anything esp. love
4) There's a guy called Alpha and a girl called Beta

That's it. That. Is. It. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. I can't remember more, because THIS BOOK IS FREAKING BORING. Especially Jefferson's part. I can't pick up even one personality from him. The only ones I get are from Donna, which is not exactly a good way to show a character's true personality. No, just no.

I have no idea what is going on since I open the book, and I still have no idea when I close it.

And Donna's voice annoys the hell out of me. Can she stop saying "you know, like" for more than four times in the same freaking sentence? Not cool. Certainly not cool. If you are trying for sass, you're failing miserably.

I'm done. There are a lot more problems but these two are enough to make me stop reading this book. I thought Pivot Point would be the only incomplete I will take (well, at least this year). This book is the living proof of me being wrong. I don't care, I'm off reading Midnight Thief now.

Rating: 1/10

I probably should apologize for the harshness but I don't regret it at all. It seems like I've been writing a lot of harsh reviews these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment