Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sweet Reckoning: Review

Synopsis:

It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.

***

Since I'm not in any mood to summarize things, I'm going to do the what-I-like and what-I-don't-like list again.

What I love:

1)This book is soooooooo sweet in general! We get to see much more Kaidan and Anna together in this book. And trust me there are plenty of romantic scenes that left me grin like an idiot. They're just so freaking adorable and beautiful together. But they're not the only sweet and cute part in the book. They're just the most obvious one. There are some scenes involving other characters (that I'm not gonna reveal here) that are really, really endearing. Oh god, I just want to love them and hug them.

2) Sweet Reckoning, despite the danger Anna and her allies face, is still one of the funniest book I read this month. It got me crack up in the most appropriate times. Usually when the characters are sad but they say something really awkward or when they're in danger and they say something really badass. It's a good thing because for some reason I'm very emotional about this book.

What I like:

1) Yes, I mentioned that above. I'm very emotional about this book. I don't know why, but there are scenes which I'm greatly affected by it when I usually won't feel much about it. Particularly scenes involving Kaidan and Anna. Don't ask me why, but it's been quite some time since I feel any great emotion and I'm grateful nontheless.

2) Anna. She retains her sweetness but she's way more badass. Braver and stronger than in Sweet Peril, she's totally one of the better heroines in YA history. I'm pretty sad this trilogy is over because I really want to get to see more of Anna. I just like her so much.

What I don't like:

1) There are not enough action scenes here. I thought with this book being the last installment there will be a lot of really cool fighting scenes. But there are not. And I'm pretty underwhelmed and a little disappointed. I can totally see Anna and her friends going kick-ass over the Dukes but mostly it's just the wit and the persuasion that does the work. Not that I don't like wit, but I'm more ready to see an action-packed book.

Here it is. The final installment of The Sweet Trilogy. Sweet Reckoning is a really good ending for the series and I'm content of it. And I hope you guys will like it too.

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment