Thursday, March 27, 2014

Through The Zombie Glass: Review

Synopsis:

Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine...
Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong.
After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very wicked things.
She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her...from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness.
But the clock is ticking...and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.

***

Everything has amplified in this book. It has its perks and drawbacks. And of course, I really like this book, more so than the first one. So it means the perks are way more than drawbacks. I'm going to talk about the drawbacks of the amplification first. Alice has become more annoying (but only for the first half of the book). Her jealousy is taken to a whole new level. But that's the only drawback I can think of. And deep down I know her amplified jealousy is because of her newly found dark side. The fact that she's really strong and controlled and sacrificing in the second half of the book makes up a lot. It's nothing comparing to the goodness of the story.

The awesomeness has been taken to a new level too. And it's freaking awesome. The hardcover of this book is 480 pages. I just don't know how the author can put so many things together and string it perfectly. This should be impossible. Hell, this should be illegal because I just can't put that book down until I finish the whole thing. (Here's the real situation: I want to read the first few chapters of the book and get a good sleep before I read it on the train while going to school. But then every time I check the clock, knowing that it's far too late for my own good, I still can't put that freaking book down. And then the next day I have black smudges under my eyes and I keep rambling about how good this book is and all my friends are staring at me like I'm on crack. Yeah. This book has this kind of power on me.)

Cole and Alice's relationship escalates too. Sure, there are a lot of stumbles, a lot of arguing, and a lot of heartbreak. But they make it through the whole thing. They have so much faith on each other that there's no way to separate them, not even when Cole has a secret and Alice has to battle with her dark self. The author also stays true to a teenage relationship, where passion means everything and stuff. It's reckless, sure. But it shows perfectly that it's a YA novel.

There's no time to get through all the good parts in this book. You just have to read it yourself. And I'm sure you will not regret it.

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment