Sunday, December 1, 2013

Crash Into You: Review

Synopsis:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

***

Crash Into You is more interesting than the first two, probably because it has a streak of craziness and fury in it. I also like the idea of Rachel and Isaiah getting into trouble that cannot easily walk out. It has the potential to create a perfect storm. Unfortunately this storm doesn't extend into its extreme. I can totally see that more can be developed from this background. It kills a little of my mood to read it, though it's nothing serious.

Rachel is the perfect girl. At least, that's what everyone sees in her. No one truly sees for what she really is. I must say, the real Rachel is much better than the image she shows the world, and even though she is a girl typical enough to be my friend, I would say I don't like her as much as I thought I should. She's too insecure, and I'm not even taking those panic attacks into consideration. She has the potential to be strong. I can see that. But there's not enough space for her to do so in this book.

Isaiah is far from perfect. He's the trouble that your mom will warn you. I kinda like this guy. Especially when he's truthful about his feelings and actually be honest to Rachel about what he feels for her. He's not hiding for her own good or stuff and that's good. I'm tired of people hiding their feelings. I also like that he's very protective to Rachel. Maybe it's not my level of swoon-worthy, but it's definitely very cute.

I think I like this book more that Dare You To. But I still believe that the dynamic level of the stories can be pushed higher.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment