Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5: Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's question is my top ten choice of covers I wish I could redesign. I can't think of ten though. I can only come up with seven.

1. Passion by Lauren Kate

The others (Fallen, Torment and Rapture) are actually fine. But not this one. I prefer not seeing Luce's face, thank you very much. No offense, but she doesn't look right.

2. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
Although the original Immortal Rules cover is quite creepy, I actually think that one fits better. This is too plain to be a cover for a book as vicious as The Eternity Cure.

3. The Savage Grace by Bree Despain
The first two (The Dark Divine and The Lost Saint) are actually really pretty. Not this one though. The font of the word is a major problem and so are the legs. The cover is a little weird.

4. Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I think Sentinel's cover is pretty good. I love the simplicity and the silver tulip. I also love the meaning behind the silver tulip. But the void at the right is too large. I wish there's something to cover some of the blackness up.

5. Unbreakable by Kami Garcia
I just don't think the cover suits the book. Sorry but it's as simple as that.

6. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Although the cover suits the book fine and I actually like the cover, I think the original Across The Universe and A Million Suns are prettier. I wish Shades of Earth could keep that trend.

7. Ceaseless by Abbi Glines
For some reason the cover just doesn't appears right to me.

What are your choices? Feel free to comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I agree about Passion. Her face should have remained covered. Good point.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of them! I hate when covers suddenly reveal a character on one of them and it's not at all what you were imagining, can be really disappointing for you as a reader. Great list! My TTT.

    ReplyDelete