Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders



Hi! This is my first Top Ten Tuesday post. The bookish meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's question is my top ten best/worst series enders.

Best 5:

1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

It's as beautiful as it is heartbreaking. I'm still hurting over what is inevitable and the new happiness that Tessa gains. There are no words to explain how much I love the ending of The Infernal Devices.

2. Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Another one of those endings that have you grinning broadly for at least an hour after reading the ending. And it wraps up perfectly.

3. Light by Michael Grant
A very impressive ending. Stunning, dynamic and very brutal. The perfect ending for a series as crazy and terrifying as Gone series.

4. Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Unlike many readers out there, I actually like the ending. It leaves space for imagination of the world after the success of the resistance. (Spoiler!) I mean, you can't just have Lena diving for one of the two guys at the end of the book (or diving for both). It will be unfair to both Alex and Julian (End of spoiler)

5. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Okay I must say this is an ending of HEA and I'm familiar with HEA endings. I'd say the plot itself is better than the ending, but the ending fits because Ash and Meghan are just too adorable to not to be together :)

***

Worst 5 Endings:

1. Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Sorry, the ending is just way too predictable. I mean, BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION? You are practically saying Ethan and Lena are having a HEA together and... to be honest, I'm not a shipper of Ethan and Lena.

2. Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Okay seriously this is one of the most disappointing endings ever. What the heck is going on in this novel? Honestly, I have no idea.

3. Destined by Aprilynne Pike

Nope, I just can't. (Confession: I actually like David more than Tamani. And not only the fact that Laurel is rooting for Tamani annoys the hell out of me, I think the ending is just so typical)

4. Ceaseless by Abbi Glines

Look, I actually like this book. But for some reason the ending just doesn't do it for me.

5. Rapture by Lauren Kate

All I can say is the ending is not what I imagine and I'm quite pissed off by the ending.


Which series has the best or the worst ending in your opinion? Sound off in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. There are a couple of series on here that I couldn't get past one. The Fallen series, Beautiful creatures and Wings. Although Aprilynne Pike is fun to meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I forgot about Everlasting!?! Frack, that series started really good then it was a steep downhill after book 1. All that metaphysical crap was pure rubbish. Bleh.

    My Best & Worst

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete