Monday, September 9, 2013

Untold: Review

Synopsis:

Free from bonds, but not each other

It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?’

***

I have to warn you this review is going to be... well not exactly brutal, because I'm not planning to damn the book to the depths for it's not that bad. But it will be critical. I can promise you that.

Start with the characters. Kami loses some of her sassy edge and I don't really like the her after the bond is broken. I mean, you don't need to be that lost about severing a bond with someone especially when you are the one who has decided to do it. Angela is about the same case. It's like she has no personalities of her own in this book. At least she's got something special in Unspoken. I never like Holly, but come on, is it necessary to make me hate her? I don't even know how to explain how I loathe her in this book and don't want anything to do with her. I want to kick Jared half of the time. He's being such an ass to Kami and I can never understand why they can't just be civil to each other. Ash... I don't know what to say about him, but I just don't like him always being on the way. And don't you think he just acts too perfectly that makes him unreal? None of the characters impresses me in any way.

For some reason I go through this book faster than I did with Unspoken. But what I have to say is: there's nearly nothing happened in Untold. Well, nearly nothing except the drama between Kami and Jared and Ash. Sorcery becomes the second most important thing when it's supposed to be the MOST important thing in the book. There's nearly no plot development. The supposedly best part is at the end, but not only it doesn't last long enough, it doesn't make a cliffhanger strong enough to hook me up. Nah, I just can't enjoy any of this. 

I don't wanna say too much about this book because I'm kinda afraid that my review will give you false impressions and you will be reluctant to read this book. But yeah, that's what I have to say about Untold. I will still read Unbroken, though I'm not sure what I'll be expecting anymore.

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment