Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pushing The Limits: Review

Synopsis:

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

***

Previously I saw everyone reviewing about Pushing The Limits and Dare You To, and I decided to give it a try on my summer holidays. It's a book that I enjoy reading, but I don't flat-out love it. I guess I'm still not used to reading YA contemporary. But hey, it's quite a good read, so I suggest anyone who hasn't read this book but are big on reading YA contemporary try it (although I highly doubt that anyone who loves contemporary hasn't already it).

Echo Emerson has a hard time dealing with something that she doesn't even remember. She only knows that the something she can't remember is something horrible. She's going through the process to retrieve her lost memories. I love the suspense Katie McGarry created. You are curious to know about what really happened to Echo but you just can't get the answer until the last moment. I really like the way the author created the atmosphere. Unfortunately, when the answer came out, I found that my curiosity was wasted for almost nothing. 

The romance... well, it's quite enjoyable to read, with all the bickering and the sweet kisses swirling between Echo and Noah. But it's a typical relationship in books. There's hardly anything special about the couple. You know, the girl and the boy having problems of their own and they fall for each other helplessly despite their effort to push each other away. Nothing new, but hey, it's quite entertaining, so I'm down with that.

Overall this is a book to read when you're having a tired mind and just want a book to relax. But if you want steamy hot stuff or great plots, that's not a book you're diving for.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment