Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Angelfall: Review

Synopsis:

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

***

Okay, I don't get why I didn't finish this book when I first read it almost a year ago because this book is AMAZING! I can't believe I stopped reading it after just a few pages when I first opened the book. It's fast-paced and action-packed. And surprisingly amusing despite the whole apocalypse thing. I really, really like this book.

There are so many good parts that I can't even begin to list it. But the best part of the book is that it doesn't  bullshit aroud things that have almost nothing to do with the main plot of this story. Everything is tightly tangled with the main line of the story. Sine I hate bullshiting around so... this is a very good book for me. And angel apocalypse thing? This is mad cool for me because hardly anyone uses a CELESTIAL being as an enemy of humans (except Angel Burn, I guess, and that's not even about apocalypse until... well, Angel Fever.). The characters are just... they are strong and passionate about things that they care about. They are really lovable if not a little... cliche. Those are the characters that you will definitely like to meet.

There's a minor flaw though. It's about the apocalypse thing. I mean it when I say I love the whole apocalypse concept. But... it's just that all the stuff in the book could still happen even if the apocalypse didn't happen. The apocalypse hardly matters in this book and I think the author can develop more interesting stuff based on this background. But hey, the book is still awesome, so this flaw doesn't matter much.

I heard that it's gonna be a movie and THAT'S A MOVIE I CERTAINLY WILL GO TO WATCH. I don't care if I can't watch it in my country. I will find ways to accomplish because this book is awesome. I highly recommend this series. And I can't wait for World After, the second book of the series. Glad that I read it now because if I read earlier, it will be hard to wait such a long time for the sequel.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment