Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Angel Fever: Review

Synopsis:

As half-angel Willow strives to save the world from her parasitic otherworldly kin, romance and tension heat up to a climactic finale.

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?

***

Oh my god I can't even believe I'm actually reading Angel Fever! I'd been waiting for this for almost two years and I got my hands on it yesterday, finally! Angel Fever is just freaking crazy, especially on the emotional ride part. Another angel apocalypse... in a Blood of Eden way (if you read Blood of Eden then you will know what I mean). It's just... this book strikes me speechless. I can't put it down until I finish the whole damn thing and, well I get black circles around my eyes today.

The tight twists of plot are what breaks me first. I was like "holy crap, did you really just pull this off?" My jaw is practically hanging open the whole time I'm reading the book. This didn't happen when I read Angel (Burn) and Angel Fire. The author surely knows how to pull of surprises like that. Hell, calling those twists surprises will be an understatement.

But the emotional journey is what breaks me wide open. Because while my mind is functioning normally, my heart just isn't. When it comes to... a certain devastating part, my mind has doubts about the truthfulness of the event because it doesn't make sense. But my heart is breaking like someone is smashing it into millions of pieces. Or when my heart understands a certain someone's devastation, my mind is very irritated that the certain someone just can't get over the anger. It's official. This book is an emotional wrecking ball. I can't believe I'm still mentally sane after all the emotional...smash, I guess.

Overall this book is just amazing. It's really fast-paced and surprisingly brutal on some levels. And you can easily fall in love with the characters that are just plain strong and really sensitive. Damn, I can't believe this is the last freaking book because I already miss the characters and the world where angels are the destroyers of the world. I can never get enough from this series.

Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment