Monday, July 8, 2013

Short Story Review Sunday (Monday Edition): The Witch of Duva

Synopsis:

There was a time when the woods near Duva ate girls… or so the story goes. But it’s just possible that the danger may be a little bit closer to home. This story is a companion folk tale to Leigh Bardugo’s debut novel, Shadow and Bone.

***

I haven't read Shadow and Bone yet. But I believe that Shadow and Bone is going to be awesome. The Witch of Duva is set in the same world of Shadow and Bone, according to some of the reviewers. This is really short and it actually gives nothing about what will happen in Shadow and Bone. But hey, this is a dark folk tale with creepy plot twists and the setting of the tale, winter in the woods, adds more feels of mystery for the tale. I'm completely captivated by the story and I think I will like Shadow and Bone.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment