Thursday, April 18, 2013

What Really Happened In Peru: Review


Synopsis:

Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices know that Magnus Bane is banned from Peru—and now they can find out why. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

There are good reasons Peru is off-limits to Magnus Bane. Follow Magnus’s Peruvian escapades as he drags his fellow warlocks Ragnor Fell and Catarina Loss into trouble, learns several instruments (which he plays shockingly), dances (which he does shockingly), and disgraces his host nation by doing something unspeakable to the Nazca Lines.

This standalone e-only short story illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality populates the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series. This story in The Bane Chronicles, What Really Happened in Peru, is written by Sarah Rees Brennan and Cassandra Clare.


***

First off: Lemme have some time swooning. I mean, it's MAGNUS BANE! The sexy, sexy High Warlock of Brooklyn.... in 2007. This is the first short story of him. And if you read City of Lost Souls, you will definitely know this: 

"Of course it's not okay with me. I'm a teenage boy. As far as I'm concerned, this is the worst thing that's happened since I found out why Magnus was banned from Peru."

--- Jace Lightwood, Page 538 of City of Lost Souls (Walker Books)

Yeah, and that's the story of Why Magnus was banned from Peru.

I'm so curious about why Magnus was banned from Peru. And I wasn't surprised that Cassie gave us an ending like... that. But this short story didn't disappoint me. Not even a bit. The story is just freaking hilarious that I can't stop laughing and giggling. Magnus is just so funny in the book. Sure, there are some mature-warlock moments and a certain Herondale-moment (Admit it, you heart is freshly broken and repaired and broken again time by time just by seeing/hearing the name Herondale). But the plot line is one of my favorite. I personally love the story of 1890 in Peru. Why? You need to read it yourself. But I'm sure you'll be laughing your guts out (okay, that sounds a little disgusting, but it's the truth).

Ragnor Fell and Catarina Loss are great characters in this short story. I mean, I know that Catarina is nice in City of Fallen Angels. But I know almost nothing about Ragnor Fell because there's not much about him in TID and... nothing in CoG. I love the two warlocks right from the time they start to show up. More about Ragnor Fell and Catarina Loss, please. ;)

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment