Saturday, April 13, 2013

Random Stuff: CoFA, CoLS, CoHF and The Dark Artifices movies?

It's like a Thoughtful Thursday post or one of my Surreal Sundays. But I can't wait for Sunday and I missed Thursday. And it IS a random stuff, in a way.

So, City of Bones will hit the theaters in 4 months, and The Infernal Devices has been optioned as a movie adaptation (which, by the way, is the BEST NEWS EVER!!! I can't wait to see more Will and Jem and Tessa. I miss them so much). It seems like Cassie's novel will be a franchise for a long, long time.

And here's comes the fun part: Will the second cycle of TMI, which is Fallen Angels, Lost Souls and Heavenly Fire, be a movie as well?

Okay, it's already known that there will be City of Ashes and City of Glass movie if CoB is successful. But that doesn't include the second cycle of the story, especially when the second cycle is so different from the first cycle. That's a disappointment that they are not mentioned.

Personally, I think that will be a good thing that the second cycle will be made into movies as well. I love The Mortal Instruments, and on some level the second cycle is even better than the first (although I know that some of you guys out there don't think so...). But there's one important reason. I mean, how about you bringing all those feels on SCREEN? (Spoiler!) The second cycle is closely related (at least I think the relationship is close) to The Infernal Devices. And with TID being optioned as a movie adaptation as well, why not the second cycle of TMI? (End of Spoiler)

But ironically, some part of me DON'T want them to be movies. One big reason is that I'm so scared that they will mess them up when CoFA and CoLS are so sophisticated. Another reason is... the cast. If there's truly a CoFA movie, the cast will be... well, you know what I mean.

Another fun part: Will Lady Midnight, Prince of Shadows and The Queen of Air and Darkness be movies as well?

* I know that's a tad bit too early to talk about The Dark Artifices movies now. But I just wanna talk about it for whatever reason that I can't really see.

Lady Midnight is not out yet, so it's early to judge if they are worth making into movies or not. But I think City of Bones will be a franchise, and so will CoA, CoG and The Infernal Devices movies. It's no wonder that The Dark Artifices might be optioned as a movie adaptation as well. But then, I don't know how Lady Midnight will turn out, so guess we'll just wait and see. But personally, if TDA is awesome, I will definitely want to see Emma Carstairs kicks some demon butt on screen.

(And please don't ask me if I want a TLH movie or not because it's FAR TOO EARLY. At least TDA is something in the foreseeing future. XD)

Do you guys want The Infernal Devices movies? Or are you just anticipating for TMI movies? Judging the awesomeness of TID, I think I'm already seeing the movie title THE INFERNAL DEVICES: CLOCKWORK ANGEL.

(In fact, I want TID movie even more than TMI movie...)

No comments:

Post a Comment