Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wait For You: Review

Synopsis:

Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…


***

I think this is the first NA novel I read in 2013 (or is that the third? Because I don't know if Tempting The Best Man or Tempting The Player are NA novels). And I have a really good time with it. The plot is surprisingly contemporary. Surprising, probably because I'm used to Covenant series and Lux series, which is about, well, supernatural things of course. And even though JLA also writes Gamble Brothers series, she as a YA novel writer has been sticking in my head since, like forever.

The humor. Aww, the HUMOR. JLA never cease to amaze me with her sense of humor. Every time I thought that this can't be more hilarious, JLA can always take this to another new epic level. That's one constant reason why I love JLA's books so much. Although I have to say there's less humor parts than usual, which is... a little disappointing, but fine for me.

But don't get me wrong. This book contains so much fun parts. From the day Cam and Avery first met, there are all kinds of awkward moments, bickering, giggling and fun moments which is really enjoying to read. The words are so clever that they are like the best thing in my life. Another reason why I love JLA's books so much. She just can play with words like no other. And few can do that.

Fantasy is a big part of Covenant series and Lux series, so sexual quality time is not the most important thing of these two series (Although I have to say sex between Alex and Aiden is smoking hot!). But this is an NA novel, and some heart-to-heart quality time and sexual moments is... kind of like an essential part of this book. It's beautiful, and all kinds of fun. Can you imagine your chest swelling in happiness while you're laughing your head off? Absolutely the best moments of my life, like for real.

Yep, and there's the plot. It's sad to say there is little remarkable stuff of the plot, even though what Avery's facing for five years makes me upset. But I think that's what a contemporary novel means. Although I think the book will be more interesting if the plot is more twisted.

But overall, the book is awesome. JLA give me a great time reading NA novels. I think I'm officially going to hunt for some of those. I hope JLA will write more NA novels. I will definitely read it.

(Last line: The best part of all these is that you know JLA is very busy with many other series because she's the writing ninja, yet the book can still be so good)

Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of contemporaries, but I do enjoy novels that use humor well. I'll have to put this one on my TBR list. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete