Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Unravel Me: Review

Synopsis:

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

it's almost

time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life


***

(This review might contain spoilers. So beware if you haven't read Unravel Me or even Shatter Me)

This book is a hell of a PERFECTION! Woohoo! Never once did I feel even the slightest boredom (Yep, I can tell you there are a few small slightly-boring part even in Boundless and Through The Ever Night.). The special skill written by Tahereh Mafi heightened a lot in this book. And once you pick that up, you will never be able to put it down until you finish it.

So yeah, we have Juliette Ferrars again, which transforms into a more... heroine girl. And honestly, I'm relieved. I just don't think I can take more of her intense emotional cyclone with Adam/Warner again. Because seriously, every time I re-read Shatter Me, seeing her so damn caught up with her little world is getting more and more annoying. Like Kenji says, she lives in her own world. And now, seeing her finally comes out from her mental cage, well... you know what I'm gonna say. I can't say I really love her now, but it's getting much easier.

And there's the whole team thing. It's starting to get really messed up. For Adam... well, I can't say I completely transfer from Team Adam to Team Warner (since I think I can never hate Adam no matter what). But there are times where he really ticks me off. He's just too... I don't know, emotional or something? Or too lovesick. And his confessions to Juliette while she tries to tell him that she will hurt him...kind of gives me two feelings. One is heart-ache, the other is annoyance.

And for Warner... I can finally say I'm officially in love with Warner now. One bad, hot boy. Again, I can't say I'm team Warner now, but there are plenty awesomeness with Warner in the book. I think the best of all is him trying to save Juliette near the end of the book. Damn if this is not sweet at all. I practically swoon in front of my family. And the scenes in the cell in Omega Point are also very sweet. Yep, Warner is complicated, but it's safe to say I really love this guy. I guess that makes me Team Neither then. Or more specifically, Team I-Don't-Care-Who-You-End-Up-With.

The book is action-packed and full of secrets. The action in this book will definitely stun you to silence. The fighting scenes are more vicious than ever (I think I can say even more vicious than in Insurgent). And the secrets can also leave your mouth hangs open (Spoiler: e.g. Adam's heritage!).  Jeez, you will never know how thrilling to make through a book with fights and secrets and all kinds of fun stuff until you read it! Like the synopsis says, there are times where the characters have to make life-changing decisions. The outcomes are kind of horrifying at times as they are breath-taking. This is a book you will never forget. Just trust me on this one.

Last line: If you love Kenji in Shatter Me, you will love him more in Unravel Me :) [I am one of those Kenji lovers!]

Rating: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. I love Kenji, and I definitely loved him more after this book. I was really glad to find that we got more of a backstory on him and I only wish there was even more of him!

    Although I'm not a big Warner fan, I can see the attraction. In general I don't think that Juliette deserves either of them, because her actions with Warner, makes her feelings for Adam seem laughable, and at the same time I feel like she's just toying with Warner.

    ReplyDelete