Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Opal: Review

Yesterday I told you I will release a review about Opal. And now here it is! The third book of Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. So very addicting.

Summary:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


***

Okay. This is the BEST Lux novel ever! I can't imagine how it can even be better than Onyx! Onyx is like, one of the best novels on Earth. There are endless stunning scene. And I was like going up and down in the most freakish rollar coaster. Believe me, I've never feel anything like this before. Until I read Opal. This is so awesome.

So there's Dawson. He's not like he was before. Actually he's nothing like he was before. But eventually it gets better. Consolation here, huh? Well, only just a bit. I miss the guy in Shadows. All playful and good attitude. I can't say this Dawson doesn't get a fair attitude. But the mischief is missing. Even though I understand why, it's just SAD to the core.

And here's Dee. I have no idea why Dee can be so bitchy in the first part of the book. Yeah, I know she's hurt, she's devastated. I get that she hates (well, sort of even though she won't admit it) Kat for her loss. But that doesn't mean she can be all bitchy. Kat had no idea this would happen. So I'm a little mad at her for her attitude. Does Ash and Andrew's bitchiness transger to Dee? Because Ash isn't like she was before, either. Okay, again it gets better. And I'm more than cool with that. 

There are other shocks. They are just endless. Well, first is the reappearance of Blake. Actually, after what happened, I really wanna kick him in the guts. Well, again like Kat, I thought he can be trusted this time. Even Dawson trusts him (well, maybe not, but definitely better than Daemon). And again, when the Arum let him go, I really wanna wipe his existence clean from the Earth. Come on, what is wrong with Blake? They save Chris. Yay. And then he just go back to the pod-thing? And I still have no idea how Blake actually feel about Kat. Maybe he does like her. But you know what? I DON'T CARE.

Looks like I'm gonna list all the things that shocks me... Okay, I will.

In the first parts of the book there is this Will reappearance thing. And as the story pushes forward, I almost forgot this hidden threat. But when he appear in Kat's house with a horrifying face, this is just getting awesome (I have no idea if this is a sarcastic remark). Oh come on, just leave Kat and Daemon alone go die yourself. You shoot the freaking bullet into Kat's chest. If he was alive again I would definitely slap him. This dude totally ruins the name Will.

And here's Carissa, mutated, and crazed. Honestly, how can she appear outside Kat's house and attack her is still beyond me. But Carissa doesn't deserve that. She's quite a great girl. With funky glasses (I wear funky glasses too!). This is sad, but maybe this is not the most shocking of all. 

And the most awesome, terrifying, heartbreak scene is definitely the last part. But somehow I'm not that shock. Maybe because I've thought of the possibility of Kat being trapped. But you know what? The last part is unforgettable. Now I can't wait for Origin when it will come out in July 2013 (UGH!). And now I know why the last two books will be told in both Kat and Daemon's perspective. All the feels in that part is killing me from inside. Damn, this author has really gotten under my skin (besides Cassie). 

This book is a little bit overwhelming... but I like it. Well, I hope Origin will be even more addicting and awesome. JLA is not only the writing ninja. She's got great skills.

Rating: 9.5/10 (I'm tempted to give it 10/10. But maybe I should leave it later)

No comments:

Post a Comment