Friday, December 28, 2012

Indebted: Review

I've finished the third book of The Premonition series!

Summary:

I hang my head in sorrow for just a moment when I know I am truly alone. I feel like I’m going to my execution, just as he had said. Then I move forward again. I hop a fence of fieldstone and cross a field dotted with Queen Anne’s lace. Goose bumps rise on my arms as I pass the cluster of windmills that I have seen in a dream. The scent is sweet in the field though, not the scent of heat, like it had been when it was forced upon me in visions. I gaze down the hill, beyond the small, whitewashed house that I knew would be there. The church looms dark and grim with its rough-hewn, timber façade, capped by tall, oblong spires reaching to the sky. Black, ominous clouds have collected above the roofline, as if Heaven is showing me the way.

***

I think Intuition is better than Indebted. Indebted make me question a little bit about my choice: keep reading Premonition series. I mean, not that Indebted is disappointing (in fact it's anything but disappointing). But Indebted is just not as exciting as Intuition.

Maybe I should state the good parts first. There is a constant reminder of Reed, which is promising and relieving. I mean, after Intuition, I can't stand Evie not being with Reed.  And the constant reminder relieves me. And then there's their passion, especially Reed's. I mean, come on, how can we not fall for his passion? Their relationship is so loving.

And then there is just a hint of jealousy in all the books. I am not talking about the constant jealousy between Brennus, Reed and Russel. What I mean is Evie. She can handle jealousy really well even when the Undine creature hug Reed like he's the last piece of chocolate in the world. This is why I appreciate Evie much. 

And what is annoying about the book is the constant jealousy in Brennus. He's so freaking stubborn. He knows that Evie is not for him well after the Binding. And yet he still claims that Evie is his. This is so frustrating, especially when half the book is about Evie living in the castle full of Gancanagh.

You may think that this is a small point. But it's not. Jealousy and love triangles/ polygons/ boxes can ruin the whole book. Not that it ruin it. But nearly. I loathe that kind of love relationship. And that's why I love Divergent so much because there are no such kind of annoying stuff.

I will still read Incendiary, I think. Even though Indebted is good, it makes my decision of keep reading it a little bit shaken.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment