Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Million Suns: Review

It's been a few days since I finished reading Across The Universe. Time for a review of A Million Suns, the second book of Across The Universe trilogy by Beth Revis.

Summary:

Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It’s been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. Everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed.

But there may be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to act on his vision—no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder learns shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a mystery that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier. Their success—or failure—will determine the fate of the 2,298 passengers aboard Godspeed. But with each step, the journey becomes more perilous, the ship more chaotic, and the love between them more impossible to fight.

Beth Revis catapulted readers into the far reaches of space with her New York Times bestselling debut, Across the Universe. In A Million Suns, Beth deepens the mystery with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.


***

I must say, this book hasn't disappoint me. Not even a bit. I wouldn't say this is the most exciting dystopian novel. But it's awesome! You can't imagine how much better it is compared with Across The Universe!

So it starts off with Elder being Eldest. And apparently by that time the ship has stopped for quite a long while. And I was like SERIOUSLY? The effing ship just stop here and not moving at all? And then I grow so desperate and think about how can there be Shades of Earth if the ship has stopped? I was so happy when I found out that they are already near the planet. But that's a little bit strange, don't you think? Because even though all the dudes are trapped in that frexing ship, I still can't believe that only few of them knows it. I mean, shouldn't Elder know it earlier?

And here's an all-hell chaos in Godspeed. When the patches are marked follow your leaders, I almost shouted out NO WAY IN THE FUCKING HELL. I mean, come on. Anyone has a sense of reality KNOWS that Elder isn't that kind of guy. Those guys are like from mainland China. Use all those power to create chaos and stop listen the crap/non-crap that Elder says. But the whole situation is like a detective novel. And I LOVE it. I had no idea Doc does this. The betrayal reminds me of Caleb Prior. Only Caleb's case is way stronger (and I wanna kill Caleb AGAIN).

But there's still something that Beth didn't fix. What about the frozens? Godspeed has suffered serious damage during those explosions. And I still don't know whether Amy's mom and dad are safe. Are they forgotten? If so, that will be extremely weird, and quite a big hole that no one but the author can try to fix.

So why's better than Across The Universe? Well, first is Amy. She finally has some dystopia girl in her. She gets tougher, stronger. I like this new side of her, even though that doesn't really match her appearance. And then there's the plot. All hell looses in A Million Suns. There are seemingly endless chaos, hidden threats from Godspeed and the planet, the confusing clues, and all those lies and secrets. Stakes are getting much higher than in Across The Universe. Looks like Shades of Earth is gonna be another awesome book.

The rating is quite nice in Goodreads. And if you still had doubt in Across The Universe, well I suggest you to get rid of it and pick up the book. They will never cease to amaze you.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment