Friday, November 9, 2012

4 Series That Should Not Be Made Into Movies

People are worried about if the books will be ruined by movies. And that's not the only reason why people don't want a movie based on movies. Well, some books should not be made into movies, I think. Remember, this is just my opinion. And all of these are adapted.

1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James


Seriously, this is the worst idea. I mean, don't you find really absurd of actually seeing the story played by a bunch of Hollywood actors and actresses? The story is normal by human standards, just an innocent woman who falls for an attractive man who is a little bit sadistic. It's normal enough, yes. But what do you think about the trend? Dystopia novels like The Hunger Games, Divergent, Delirium, Uglies. Paranormal novels like The Mortal Instruments and Beautiful Creatures have a much better plot and more exciting story.

And really, what's with the... kinky fuckery (is that what it's called?)? I just can't imagine what it will be like when it hit the big screens. I think I would hurl if I actually see it in theaters because... this is the last book that should be made into a movie. Seriously, this is bad news.

2. House of Night by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

I'm not a hater of this series. But comparing it with The Vampire Academy (I am not a fan of VA, but even I know about the craziness out there) and even The Vampire Diaries, I don't think that's a good idea. I think y'all know about that there is an army of haters of HON. I seriously doubt that it's gonna be as popular as The Vampire Diaries. Yes, the plot is very different from The Vampire Diaries and even The Vampire Academy. There's very little bloodlust and it's more like... a dystopian novel. But the plot is simply just not as addicting as the others. And the characters... well they are a little bit too innocent. What people like is a rather complicated situation. 

And the main thing about the series that will certainly be ruined by the movie, is that it lasts way too freaking long. There are what, ten books out in stores already, and the series still hasn't been finished. How will you imagine when there's a movie? It will last like, more than 10 years? And it's YA novel for crying out loud. The characters are supposed to be young. 

Some also said that House of Night should be made into a TV series instead of movie. That's a slightly better idea, but I still don't really wanna see it happen. The reason? I really think that the TV series will last even longer than the movie, not the time itself, but the plot. I hate to see the plot being stretch into a long think strip, and the story is long enough.

3. Fallen by Lauren Kate

I kinda like this series, really. Fallen is quite good and relatively peaceful. But perhaps the peace is the reason that Fallen shouldn't be made into a movie. I think if I had to choose between Fallen and Hush Hush, I will definitely choose Hush Hush. I understand the good things about the book. The natural scenes will be beautiful, especially in Rapture. The love shared between Luce and Daniel is remarkable. I get that. But Fallen is seriously not the most popular books in USA now. People have moved on to something more powerful. 

And there's a post in IMDb about Fallen. And you know what? I seriously doubt that Fallen will actually be developed into a movie because there's still no news from Disney Pictures. What takes them so long? The time is long enough and if there's still no news from them, the franchise will eventually fade away. So why should we have a Fallen movie if the craziness is already fading away and nothing is helping Fallen from the falling popularity?

4. Wings by Aprilynne Pike

It's about faeries. Yes, it's not the most normal thing happen on big screens. But I think The Iron Fey is much better. Not just the plot itself but also the writing skills. I mean, seriously, if The Immortal Rules is gonna be made into a film, why shouldn't The Iron Fey? And yeah, Wings is not that bad. But it's not suitable for a movie. The plot is just not exciting enough. And the characters are too naive, and a little bit stupid. I mean, what's with the relationship between Laurel and David? I am seriously not a big fan of Tamani. And for some reason I just don't wanna see it happen. Not just because the movie may ruin the book, but also the book is just not good enough and not popular enough.

(P.S. I really want The Iron Fey movie. I am thrilled by that idea. If Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa is going to be a movie, then there should be The Iron Fey movie. I will be excited to see Ash and Meghan and Puck on screen).

No comments:

Post a Comment