Thursday, October 4, 2012

What Kind of Story should Lauren Kate Write About Next?

Rapture, the last book of the bestselling Fallen series by Lauren Kate, was released in June. The series was ended. And I'm sure fans will miss this series. But Lauren Kate promised us that she will write another series. I will give my opinion that what should she write next

1. Fallen angels... Set in the same world of Fallen:

Fallen is good. Very good, actually. I love this series. But there isn't much to set another story into the same world of Fallen. Since that there are too many religious thing inside and there's little fun stuff to be rearranged as a new story. I wouldn't suggest that.

2. Vamps

I would say NO WAY IN HELL. Seriously after Twilight I haven't been a big fan of vamps... well, until TMI, but it centers Shadowhunters and not vamps like Simon. And there are way too many vampire story out there now. It's getting really old.

3. Werewolves

Well I wouldn't suggest it either... unless Lauren Kate can come up with some cool stuff that we're unheard of. Fans love new stuff. If Lauren Kate can do that I would like to read one.

4. Warlocks/ Casters/ Something like that

I must say that Magnus Bane is the coolest guy in all the novels. But again TMI centers Shadowhunters. So again if Lauren Kate can come up something very different from warlocks in TMI and Casters from Beautiful Creatures, I would like to read it too.

5. Demons

That will be a good one. But one very important thing is that demons are supposed to be dark in nature. If somehow an ordinary being falls in love with a demon, I would really say "isn't that impossible for a demon to actually love someone?"

6. Faeries

Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series is one of my all-time favorites now. I would like to see Lauren Kate give it a try. But once again there are so many novels out there that are about faeries. It's hard to find new stuff from Faeries.

7. Aliens

For some reason I go against it. Maybe it's just that I don't want any novel similar to Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout because Lux is one of the best things on Earth.

8. Robots

Cinder is a quite famous book right now and it's about a cyborg called Cinder. The author rewrites classic fairy tales into a more sophisticated way. I haven't got time to read the series but it sounds good. Robots is a topic that people can put a lot of imaginations in it. It's quite a worth-writing topic.

9. Dystopian

The Hunger Games, Divergent and Delirium are famous dystopian novels all over the world. But in my opinion creating a dystopian world isn't as easy as it sounds. If Lauren Kate can create a different kind of dystopian world, I would definitely read it. I love dystopian novels, except I want some new blood in the topic.

What do you guys think? What do you think should Lauren Kate write next?

No comments:

Post a Comment