Saturday, September 8, 2012

Iron's Prophecy: Review

I have finally read the very last book (if you don't count The Iron Knight) of The Iron Fey series! Check out the summary below:

Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…

A novella from the bestselling Iron Fey series


***

In my opinion that should NOT be The Iron Fey 4.5. It should be The Iron Fey: Call of The Forgotten 0.5. This is a warning. THE WARNING. Of Call of the Forgotten that features Ethan Chase, Meghan Chase's little brother. 

I've never written a review of a short story. This is the very first one. Not just because the book is as good as ever like the first four books of The Iron Fey series. But also because it can definitely affect the future of Ethan Chase and Keirran.

One thing that I've never expect that is there's no actual violence in the novella. It's is PHYSICALLY calm. But the horrifying prophecy is stirring my emotions. How can Meghan and Ash save both Ethan and Keirran? The oracle just goddamn disappears when she is about the reveal the method to save both of the boys? This is definitely the biggest cliffhanger in not just The Iron Fey series, but also the Call of the Forgotten series.

Romance is not the biggest part of the book, which is good. I have to focus on the Call of the Forgotten series, when The Iron Fey series has ended. I can never handle romance and threats at the same time, especially this is the biggest threat on Earth.

Even though Ethan is just a little boy when Meghan made herself as the Queen of the Iron Realm, I have to agree that Ethan is a sweet boy. It seems like Keirran is gonna kill him for sure. And that reminds me of the girl that is mentioned in the summary of the first book of the Call of the Forgotten series. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for. I have feeling that the horrible thing that happened in the prophecy has something to do with that girl, only that I don't know what her position in the new series is. God, I wish I have the ARC of The Lost Prince.

Rating: 8/10 (because of the warning that affect the very core of The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten)

***Warning: The following part is the theory of The Iron Fey: Call of The Forgotten. It has little to do with the review above***

1. The name of the series:

Call of the Forgotten... I have a feeling that the FORGOTTEN is the people and stuff that Ash and his friends met in The Iron Knight. If that's true, why the Forgotten is trying to call somebody? And who is the "somebody"? Ethan? Keirran? The girl? That is so messed-up.

2. The Lost Prince

The very first book of the Call of the Forgotten series is called The Lost Prince, which sends me shivers to my freaking spine. Who is that lost prince? It can be Ash, Ethan, and Keirran. It can be Ash because he was the Winter Prince although I highly doubt that he and Meghan will be the major part of the book. It can be Ethan because he is Meghan's brother. But I have no idea why he will be lost. The highest chance is the lost prince is Keirran. He is the son of Ash and Meghan, and according to the prophecy, he can bring chaos throughout the courts. And he can definitely kill Ethan for whatever reason. This is one of the most unnerving book name of all.

3. The Traitor's Son

The second book of the series is called The Traitor's Son. This is very obvious, and horrifying. Obvious, because the traitor's son is definitely Keirran, consider that Ash has been a traitor since the events in The Iron Daughter. Horrifying, because all dangers will be happen at once. Traitor's son doesn't sound good to me. My guts lurched at seeing the title of the second book (P.S. I've seen the title, only that I hadn't read Iron's Prophecy, so I've no idea what was going on) after I read Iron's Prophecy. I seriously don't want Ethan die even though the book hasn't out yet for the public. Ugh. This is so heart-wrenching.

What will happen in The Lost Prince? I seriously want to know right NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment