Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Clockwork Princess Snippet!

Another Clockwork Princess Snippet in honor of Magnus' YA Crush Tourney Match!

“If Jem dies, I cannot be with Tessa,” said Will. “Because it will be as if I were waiting for him to die, or took some joy in his death, if it let me have her. And I will not be that person. I will not profit from his death. So he must live.” He lowered his arm, his sleeve bloody. “It is the only way any of this can ever mean anything. Otherwise it is only —”
“Pointless, needless suffering and pain? I don’t suppose it would help if I told you that was the way life is. The good suffer, the evil flourish, and all that is mortal passes away,” Magnus said.
“I want more than that,” said Will. “You made me want more than that. You showed me I was only ever cursed because I had chosen to believe myself so. You told me there was possibility, meaning. And now you would turn your back on what you created.”
Another freaking moment with Magnus again, Will? I bet he knew that once Jem proposed on Tessa, Will could never have Tessa even after Jem died. He couldn't bear his parabatai's death and he could never take advantage from it. Tessa is one BIG distraction. A kind-of-lovely-horrible-thing that she would eventually hurt everyone she loves. I just have the feeling that Tessa will not end up with anybody. This is sad, I know. But I don't think Will will be with her after the proposal.

And what does Cassie mean that Will wanted more? Was he gonna tell Jem that his feelings for Tessa? Some part of me hope that he wouldn't do that. But I think that Will would risk everything to keep Jem alive. This is so freaking complicated. The relationship between Tessa and Will and Jem, the whole keep-Jem-alive thing...

And this is so not fair. Why good guys have to suffer all the bad things?

YA is NOT fair.

And I can tell there will be no happy ending even though Mortmain died.

I think I have to start preparing my tissue

But don't get me wrong. This is a good one. It's just that it leaves so many cliffhangers that I wanna threaten Cassie out of hell to make her tell me what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment