Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rapture Review


Summary:


The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.


Review:
I can only say Rapture is EPIC and ASTONISHING! I have never imagine things were going on like this (Okay not really but not all the details were like that). I have never think that Daniel would be a mortal after those seven thousands years. 

When the Outcast sided with Daniel, I thought only,"This is finally interesting". I can't imagine that the Outcast would ever side with Daniel and Luce ('cause those Outcasts wanted Luce as some sort of price). This one actually amazes me.

It made me so upset that Gabbe and Molly died. Come on, how could they died. I like Molly even though she was a demon. And more than that, there was nothing left for angels who died? That they couldn't even go back to Heaven? That's hardly fair for them.

The whole retrieving memories scene is so good. But it's just stunned me that Lucifer was her first true love, and I just wanna shout,"What the hell is/was going on?!". I mean, Luce couldn't be his LOVE, right? But it reminded me that Molly's note in Fallen,"Luce...Lucifer...any relation?" Maybe there WERE relations between them.


Another epic scene is Luce was trying to persuade Lucifer to stop the Fall. For me Lucifer had no right to deserve Lucinda, not before, not now(if there is "now"), not ever. Lucifer didn't know what love actually means. Daniel did(or should I say "does"). Luce's words was strong enough to stop the Fall from happening again.


The saddest scene is when Luce and Daniel had to say goodbye once again. And for that I couldn't help but to blame the Throne a little. Why they can't just love each other as an angel. Why they had to be mortal if they wanted to be truly together? After what they had been through, couldn't they just stay as immortals? My heart is aching just thinking about this. 


The scene that Luce and Daniel met (once again) was hilarious and saddening at the same time because Daniel couldn't remember a single bit of memory at that time. But all things in that scene reminds me the sight in Sword and Cross in FALLEN. What he had wear (black and a red scarf)and what his eyes had looked like(gray and violet). Another thing that makes me laugh a little is that he didn't flip her off like he had in Sword and Cross(Do you recall that Cam said to Daniel not to flip her off when he was about to reborn as a mortal?). Most importantly, his recognition of Luce made me laugh and cry at the same time. He could actually recognize Luce. He actually could. Maybe their souls would always stay in their bodies. They would always find each other. That is good for them somehow as they didn't need to suffer any loss anymore. They could truly be together. But for me this is not quite enough. I want Luce and Daniel stay as immortals. That would be better for me.


The epilogue is so funny that I can hardly contain my laughter. This epilogue eases my feelings. This is one of the most beautiful epilogue in all YA novels... for now.


There are still questions. First is for Cam. Where had he been? It sounded like he was up to something that was really fun. I wish I could know. Second is the last sentence. Why Luce and Daniel had fallen in love for the last time? I knew why this was the first time. It means that they had fallen in love as a mortal for the first time. But I can't get the meaning of "the last time". Is that something would(or will) happen if they both die? Would/Will they get back to Heaven? Would/Will they still be angels again once they get back to Heaven? I know that we will never know. But still, it sounds like some sort of thread.


Lauren Kate is an amazing writer. She can actually put things to epic twists, and that's what YA Novels need. She can create an environment that the fans will fall for FALLEN. She can move the fans in a way that many other authors can't. I am really sad that the series is over because it has sided with me for four years since the first book came out. But I can't wait for a whole new series by her to come out. I think it will be as epic as FALLEN!


Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment